Tuesday 23 April 2013

News for Game of Thrones-Maisie Williams

Aya.it's me, a cute girl, watching my performance in Game of Thrones

Fans of HBO’s lavish fantasy series Games of Thrones DVD all look to like plucky Arya Stark for her fearlessness and her brash, outspoken methods.

But Maisie Williams, the 16-year-old British actress who plays the youngest daughter of Property Stark, says she thinks that if her screen alter ego genuinely wanted to survive the brutal world of Westeros and make it back safely to her family members residence of Winterfell, she possibly need to be just a bit much more strategic about her behavior.

“Her ability to tell people what she thinks gets her into trouble a lot, and it’s type of unnecessary, but it’s the way she is,” Williams mentioned in an interview final month. “That’s 1 of the points I do not like about her. Her capability to just inform men and women what she thinks, it makes her a likable character nevertheless it does not imply she’s generating the ideal decisions. I assume individuals neglect that from time to time. If you actually want what’s best for Arya, possibly you've got to shed a bit of that kick-ass-ness.”

Though she might possess a point, “Game of Thrones” viewers almost certainly shouldn’t expect to view a extra demure Arya anytime soon. She demonstrated her high-spirited side once once more in Sunday night’s episode, “All Men Will have to Die,” speaking out against the Hound (Rory McCann) - and it is that Arya fans are likely to view additional of as Season 3 with the hit series progresses.

Even though Arya unquestionably has served as a breakout part for Williams, the actress said she is as surprised as everyone to find herself around the cusp of a brand new profession. Prior to the series, she had studied dance, and she stated she only auditioned for “Game of Thrones” in the suggestion on the agent she landed following a recital.

“I’d never ever actually believed about acting prior to,” Williams stated. “It had under no circumstances been anything that I’d wanted to accomplish or set out to do. When Game of Thrones all came about, it was a little of a surprise and I realized how massive it was, it was form of daunting and I was sort of nervous. It was a little nerve-wracking, I believe. I felt a little bit bit out of my comfort zone and perhaps a bit of an underdog.”

Even for one of the most achieved of actors, navigating the rocky terrain of the world designed by George R.R. Martin in his “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels - which chronicle the masterful manipulations and wars that break out over who will manage the Iron Throne - isn’t effortless. Williams decided early on to not study the novels and to rely merely around the events depicted inside the scripts for each and every episode to offer screen life to Arya.

“My mom and my stepdad have read the books,” Williams stated. “For the reason that they’re pretty complex, I haven’t. I realize that in earlier seasons, the stories have changed slightly, and I don’t wish to get my hopes up for things that perhaps won’t take place. At the moment, the scripts are complex adequate and I get confused enough with them. I assume two stories will be a lot of.”

Williams, like her costars, is unwilling to divulge several information regarding what audiences may possibly count on from the show’s third season, though she did say she would welcome the opportunity for Arya to seem somewhat much less tomboyish and much more outwardly feminine through her scenes (even if her rough-and-tumble exterior does come with particular positive aspects).

“In the initial season, Arya’s wearing dresses quite a bit, and [you can see] just how much she’s changed up till now together with the quick hair and all the things,” Williams stated. “It’s cool. I sit down within the middle of the woods inside the dirt and stuff and it doesn’t make a distinction. They’re generally adding dirt to my costume. I can sit on the tree stump and loosen up and they do not thoughts about acquiring meals on my shirt and stuff like when I’m consuming my lunch since you do not notice. Wearing a dress could be hard for that cause.

“I believe men and women believe I’m quite a bit younger than I am due to how I appear on screen,” she continued. “I assume it will be nice if there wasn’t pretty so much of a distinction among Arya and Maisie, but you can not have everything. I’m still delighted using the way it’s going.”

No comments:

Post a Comment